Terms and Conditions
1. SB Tutoring tuition is carried out by Professional tutor Sarah Brouner.
Sessions are typically 45mins or 1 Hour (shorter or longer sessions available on request); sessions are charged pro rata of hourly rata.
2. Workshops prices and max students vary and will be charged as advertised.
Any marking that is done by SB Tutoring and goes towards grading evidence (to school or an exam board) will be charged pro rata of the hourly rate for that level. E.g. GCSE marking is charged at £70/Hr pro rata.
3. Bank transfers is the preferred method of payment, but cash and PayPal are also accepted. Payments to be made within 48 hrs. after the session (or immediately after session if cash) or invoiced at the end of the month. Payment type to be agreed prior to tuition.
4. If you need to cancel a session, this needs to be done with at least 24 hours notice where possible; The tutor will also give at least 24 hours notice if possible. If the client has already paid for a session, this will be carried over to the next session. Please see SB Tutoring’s cancellation policy for explicit details.
5. If less than 24 hours notice is given for a cancellation or rescheduling a session, full rate for the planned session will be charged, in line with SB Tutoring’s cancellation policy.
6. If a student fails to show up for a session, the session will also be charged at full price for the session planned. If 30mins has passed, and the student has still not arrived for the session, the session will be cancelled and the full tuition fee of the session will apply, in line with SB Tutoring’s cancellation policy.
7. If a session is not paid for, then the next tuition session will not take place, until payment is made. Payments may be requested in advance of sessions should this occur.
8.If the student or parent requests a longer session (this can be arranged prior to or during a session); then the relevant additional payment will need to be paid within 24hrs.
9. Sessions longer or shorter than 1Hr will be charged at Pro Rata.
Skype, Zoom, IMO or FaceTime can be used as an alternative to travelling to your home (either planned or in the event of either party not being able to travel e.g. severe weather). This will be arranged prior to the session taking place and cost is the same as face-to-face sessions, in accordance with SB Tutoring’s severe weather policy.
10. Safeguarding (see SB Tutoring’s Safeguarding policy for further information).
11. A valid, enhanced DBS check will be held by the tutor. Both the tutor and student should wear appropriate clothing during both face to face and online sessions (no dressing gowns or nightwear).
12. Tuition should take place ideally in a communal area, with doors open (no bedrooms).
13.If online, sessions will be recorded at the parents request (Zoom Online tuition), as outlined in the The Tutor Association’s (TTA’s) Code of Practice . The session will be saved for the duration of the tuition contract, and is available to students and parents (client) if requested. Parents can also remain in the same room as tuition takes place, if they wish to. Recordings will only be kept on file for the duration of the tutorage, and will be permanently deleted 48Hrs after the final session takes place.
14. The Tutor adheres to the Safeguarding Code of Practice outlined by the TTA, will undertake annual Safeguarding CPD and annual review and update SB Tutoring’s safeguarding policy.
By booking with SB Tutoring you (the client) agrees to the above conditions.
Cancellation and Lateness Policy (Including Adverse Weather)
This cancellation policy is applicable to all sessions held through SB Tutoring, including one to one, group, adhoc and workshop, online and face to face tuition sessions.
By continuing tuition with SB Tutoring you are accepting and adhering to this policy.
If you need to cancel a session, this must be done with at least 24 hours notice; SB Tutoring will also give at least 24 hours notice, if possible.
In the event of less than 24 hours notice due to sudden onset of illness, it will be SB Tutoring’s discretion as to the fee charged to the client. The full cost of the session maybe incurred. If you have already paid for a session, this will be carried over to the next session.
If less than 24 hours notice is given for a cancellation or a reschedule of a tuition session, a charge will be incurred of 1 hours tuition fee.
If you have paid for a session in advance, and less than 24hours notice is given, then the full fee of the session will be deducted from you advanced payment.
If you have paid for a session in advance, and more than 24 hours notice is given, the cost of your session can be used towards a future session, or you may request a refund.
If a student fails to show up for a session, the session will also be charged at full price for the session planned. If 30mins has passed, and the student has still not arrived for the session, the session will be cancelled, and the full tuition fee of the session will apply.
If a student arrives to a lesson late (in person or online), the lesson will finish at the original planned time, which the agreed full fee being charged.
In the advent of adverse weather (e.g. snow) the following alternatives will be arranged with the client to avoid cancellations:
Change of location. Usually tuition is held at your home or at a suitable arranged place, but I can travel to an alternative. E.g. Café or Library.
Skype, Zoom, IMO or Facetime. Online Tuition has proved effective with students, and it is easy to share resources. I can e-mail you resources ahead of the session, so the student can prepare.
Telephone. It is possible to teach via telephone, although it is not the best method. I would be able to e-mail you resources needed, and then to conduct the session over the telephone.
There are various possibilities to avoid cancellation in the event of snow or other bad weather conditions. The usual cancellation policy will therefore continue to apply in case of such weather.
In booking SB Tutoring Services, you agree to adhere to this cancellation policy.